The session on VREs raised a number of questions:
- is a VRE a warehouse or a federated repository?
- should it be a social space or an organised rich space?
- what is the right level of granularity?
- should content be open or protected?
- what about desktop integration?
- how can we enable added value by researchers?
- how is software evolving? how can we make it sustainable?
Roger Slack talked about users:
- requirements gathering is not a one-off - it is longitudinal
- need active involvement of all partners
- enfranchisement - spell out benefits to users
- ensure funding to support championing